Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weight Watchers!

So, I've signed up for weight watchers online for their 3 month special (basically they waive their "initiation" fee). Now I'm forced to track my food - which is a good thing! and stay within my daily and weekly point balances. Yesterday I was over my daily point balance because of . . . a grape "drink" (not juice, drink)! I won't be making that mistake again!!!

But it also made me realize that I really only should be eating one cereal bar at a time and one yoghurt at a time instead of two. That should really help me stay within my points balances. I get 24 daily points and 35 weekly "splurge" points, and I get extra points for exercising.

Meal Plan:
Breakfast (everyday): 1 bowl fibre one ceral (4 points), 1/2 cup 1% milk (1 point), 1 yoghurt (2 for raspberry, 1 for vanilla) = 6/7 points

Lunch (everyday): low fat turkey lunch meat with whole wheat bread (6 points), spinach salad (0 points), 1 tbsp of low-fat Greek dressing (1 point) = 7 points

Afternoon Snack (everday): 1 special K bar (2) and 1 apple (1) = 3 points

Dinners:
Sunday: grilled chicken wraps
Monday: roast beef with carrots  
Tuesday: grilled chicken spaghetti with broccoli
Wednesday: chicken breast and feta burgers
Thursday: beef and broccoli stir-fry
Friday: I'm going out for dinner with my mom for mother's day (for mother's day I bought her a ticket for Sears Stars on Ice, which is here in Toronto on April 30th, so we are going out for dinner before). I'm not sure where we are going yet, but I'm going to do some research on weightwatchers to see what I can have at a few restaurants without going over my point values.
Saturday: pork cutlet with whole grain rice and veggies

I will find out the point values for those meals later on. Gotta get going on the day - going to the gym! TTFN, Morgaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment