Thursday, July 1, 2010

June Challenge Update

So, I weighed myself today and I'm sitting at 176.5lbs and since I was 180.0lbs on June 1st that means I lost 3.5lbs. You know what? I'm OK with this. I certainly could have done better this month, eating and exercise wise, but there was just too much temptation and I succumbed to pretty well all of them! Also, I've felt very tired and lethargic lately, which is why I hadn't gone to the gym nearly as much as I should have.

Yesterday I felt so tired and weary, I started getting faint and dizzy (at work). So, I went to the local walk in clinic. I told the doctor about my low iron and being on a diet. He told me to eat something with red meat and gave me a "prescription" for an iron supplement. (BTW, I say "prescription" because apparently you don't need a prescription to get an iron supplement, but, they keep it behind the pharmacists counter, because there are a lot of side effects, apparently). Anyways, so I cheated on my diet by eating a McDonald's Quarter Pounder! He said red meat, right? OK, that might not have been too awful, except that because I haven't had McDonald's in over 3 months, I went crazy! I got the Quarter Pounder with cheese (has it always had 2 slices of cheese)? And fries! So, with breakfast and lunch alone, I went over my daily points!!! I still had dinner, but kept it a light salad.

Anyways, I felt better within a half hour of eating this and taking the iron, so I think this may just do the trick. Here's hoping I will have more energy in the weeks to come so I can get more exercise in! And, of course, I have to find ways of fitting exercise into our trip to Alberta coming up really soon. Especially since I don't think I will be eating awesome that week, either. Oh well! At least my old jeans now fit me! :)

Happy Canada Day! TTFN, Morgaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment